Of Interest to Older Adults
If you are an older adult in Connecticut, you are part of the fastest-growing segment of the state's population. With increasing numbers come challenges and new opportunities.
As you face personal concerns about health, finances, or housing, you and your family may need to make decisions ranging from the simple to the very complex.
At the same time, you may be looking for new options in employment, community service, continuing education, or recreational and cultural activities.
When you need information or someone to talk to, 2-1-1 will listen and help. Whether you are facing a crisis or seeking to expand your horizons, 2-1-1 is here for you.
2-1-1 works in cooperation with the Area Agencies on Aging, CHOICES Program, Protective Services for the Elderly, and the Alzheimer's Association.
Check back for additional resources for seniors, and as always, search our Database for referral information or our online Information Library for details on local programs.
- Burial Expense Assistance
- Hill Burton Act
- Property Tax Credit for Elderly
- Public Housing Rent Freeze
- Renters' Rebate for the Elderly
Elder adults are frequently faced with searching for alternative living arrangements, if and/or when, they become unable to care for themselves. In recent years, a wide range of long term care services have been developed, specifically designed to assist people in maintaining their independence for as long as possible. These services range from aid with household tasks and personal care, to comprehensive home health services, to nursing home care.
In this section, you will find detailed explanations of these many housing options. See home care options for detailed explanations of many home care options.
- Residential Care Options
- Intermediate Care Facilities
- Reverse Annuity Mortgages
- Connecticut Housing Finance Authority Reverse Annuity Mortgages
- Senior Congregate Living Facilities
Home Care Options
- Centers for Independent Living
- Connecticut Home Care Program for Elders
- Gatekeeper Alert Programs
- Municipal Agent for the Elderly
- Respite Care
- Statewide Respite Care Program
Legal/Protective Service Issues
- Advance Directives/Living Wills/Power of Attorney
- Custodial Grandparents
- Elder Abuse
- Probate Court