LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSING PROGRAMS (LPN) - CONNECTICUT
In Connecticut, six state technical high schools and three private schools offer LPN training programs.
All LPN programs require a high school diploma or GED, an interview and an entrance examination.
How to Find LPN Training Programs
- Connecticut's Education and Employment Information Center (EEIC) (www.ctohe.org/edinfo/) will provide information on school locations, career and job training information.
- The Connecticut State Department of Education, Connecticut Technical High School system is a central source of information for LPN programs in Connecticut (www.cttech.org/lpn/index.htm) Call 1-800-U-CAN-TECH (800-822-6832).
- The Connecticut Department of Public Health,
Department of Practitioner Licensing lists State
Approved Practical Nurse Programs on their website:
For further information, call DPH at 860-509-7590.
Cost of Training:
- LPN training offered by public technical schools costs approximately $10,200. LPN training offered by the private training schools costs significantly more.
- Both the public and private programs offer financial aid.
TO FIND PROVIDERS IN CONNECTICUT'S COMMUNITY
Search by program name: Connecticut Technical High School System
SOURCES: Connecticut State Department of Education,
Regional Vocational-Technical Division; Connecticut
State Department of Higher Education; Connecticut
State Department of Public Health
PREPARED BY: 211/pt
CONTENT LAST REVIEWED: November2014