The following is excerpted from the U.S.
Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
People who currently have a HUD Tenant Based
Section 8 Voucher (a.k.a. Housing Choice Voucher)
may be able to use their voucher toward the
purchase of their first home through Public
Housing Authorities (PHA) that participate in the
Homeownership Voucher program. Homeownership
vouchers are intended to assist first-time
homeowners with their monthly homeownership
expenses, including mortgage payments.
For more information, and to find answers to the
following questions, go to:
- How do families apply for the program?
- What families are eligible to apply for
- Do families have to purchase a home in the
jurisdiction where the PHA issued the voucher?
- How long can a family receive assistance under
- Are PHAs required to offer homeownership
TO FIND PROVIDERS IN
CONNECTICUT'S COMMUNITY RESOURCES DATABASE:
Search by program
8 Homeownership Program
Vouchers ” U.S. Department of Housing and Urban
PREPARED BY: 211/tb
CONTENT LAST REVIEWED: October2012